If you’re a career development professional working remotely or have students living off-campus, it’s still easy to stay connected and provide services with the aid of technology and a little creativity. Just utilize the tools you already have available to you.
- HOST ONLINE WORKSHOPS: Create and promote online workshops using virtual meeting tools just like you would a career service workshop hosted on campus.
- HOST VIRTUAL ADVISING APPOINTMENTS: Utilize existing advising appointment scheduling tools to manage availability, signups, and virtual meetings between advisors and students.
- UPDATE ONLINE ADVISOR BIOS: Add virtual meeting and social networking tools to your advisors’ online bios.
- HOST VIRTUAL MOCK INTERVIEWS: Manage sign-ups for virtual mock interview sessions and simplify the distribution of virtual login information.
- CONNECT STUDENTS WITH MENTORS: Give students the ability to find and virtually connect with peers, upperclassmen, or alumni to discuss career paths and job search advice.
- UTILIZE OFFER COMPARISON TOOLS: Use your historical offer data to give students benchmarking tools to compare their compensation packages to similar roles from similar companies.
- UTILIZE ONLINE RESUME BUILDERS: Give students tools to virtually create resumes/CVs from scratch using web resume templates.
- GIVE STUDENTS VIRTUAL TO-DO LISTS: Continue to guide job-seeking students and alumni with virtual task management tools. Give students daily or weekly tasks to complete that walk them through the entire career development process.
- GAMIFY CAREER SERVICES: Utilize technology to gamify the career services process and increase engagement with students.
- PROMOTE OTHER VIRTUAL RESOURCES: Utilize online libraries and file sharing tools to promote other on-demand resources to students and job-seeking alumni in one easily-accessible location.
Download the full guide including more tips for virtual advising, virtual communication, virtual events, virtual team collaboration, virtual outcomes data collections, and virtual career services analysis. Already a GradLeaders partner school? The guide includes PRO TIPS for ways to simplify virtual career services using our platform.
To enable comments sign up for a Disqus account and enter your Disqus shortname in the Articulate node settings.