The team at GradLeaders is an extension of your employer relations team. We are more than just a software provider, we are truly partners with the schools, with a common mission to connect students to their dream jobs. So with MBA recruiting season gearing up, we wanted to offer some best practices for getting your resume databases in front of more employers.
For MBA career centers, it’s especially important to give your candidates a competitive advantage connecting with more right-fit employers. GradLeaders make this easy with our searchable school resume databases available for employers to purchase directly from gradleaders.com. These resume databases allow employers to filter and connect with candidates who match their unique hiring criteria with the click of a few buttons. But that can’t happen unless employers first request access to that resume database. GradLeaders own employer outreach, recruiter marketing, and corporate sales efforts today result in 87% of the inbound traffic from employers to our MBA partner schools’ virtual recruitment products. Recruiters receive promotional materials on a daily basis from GradLeaders via email, web, phone, and more. But each MBA career center can do their own part as well!
Here are some tips to maximize your resume database visibility so your students get found by more employers!
1. Include resume database links and release dates in all employer communication. Let employers know when your school’s resume databases will become available by providing the link to GradLeaders the Summer before busy Fall recruiting season. Then communicate the release date directly to employers and have them mark their calendars. By “pre-ordering” resume databases, they will get an email notification the moment the resume database releases as well. This helps recruiters allocate their time, so they can be ready to review your students first! It’s also creates a sense of urgency when marketing to employers
2. Send regular email updates. While you probably already send emails to your employer partners, be mindful of your cadence. Send bi-weekly reminder emails when you’re getting ready to release upcoming resume databases so employers can be prepared. Typical email open rates today are lower than you may realize so it doesn’t hurt to be a bit repetitive. Often times, you have to tell your target audience 6-13 times before they retain the information you want them to retain.
3. Take advantage of social media. Your employer partners likely follow you on social media, so be sure to leverage all social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Google+ and LinkedIn when communicating resume database releases. You may consider creating a countdown to build excitement for the big release. We like the POWr HTML plugin.
4. Optimize your website so employers can easily find your resume databases. We recommend a large colorful button linking to your school-specific resume database URL where employers can purchase access to your resume database. You should use your school colors and branding so the link stands out on the page. Be sure you’re linking to your school’s specific URL as opposed to the generic GradLeaders resume database which requires an extra click for the employer to find your school’s resume databases.
5. Be aware of your online user experience. Ensure that the link to your resume database isn’t difficult to find. Make sure that users can easily navigate to it and it’s labeled properly. You should consider including it toward the top portion of your website or “above the fold.” Remember, less is more. The user should be able to find what they’re looking for in just a few clicks.
After 30+ years in the career services and recruitment software industries, GradLeaders is the market expert in helping you get your students hired by employers. For other tips and or best practice advice, contact us today!
To enable comments sign up for a Disqus account and enter your Disqus shortname in the Articulate node settings.