What types of business leaders are companies seeking? And what are leading MBA employers looking for on the campuses of top graduate b-schools? As the exclusive career service partner to 70+ of the world's top-ranked MBA programs and the #1 MBA recruitment tool for thousands of multinational corporations, MBA Focus offers the most comprehensive report on MBA employer demands.
The 2013 Employer Demand Analysis Report offers an in-depth summary of more than 80,000 resume database searches and job postings by the leading MBA employers in our network.
This year's report includes summary and detail information about the job postings and searches performed on a variety of functions and industries, including:
- Consumer Packaged Goods
- Health Care
- ... and more!
Please take some time to request a copy of this report. And be sure to compare it to our Candidate Analytics Report. We are certain that you will find the analytical information enlightening—and we are hopeful that it serves as a valuable reference for your MBA recruiting and career service initiatives.
Tweetable facts from this year's Employer Demand Analysis Report:
- The top 3 function experiences employers are searching for: Consulting (14.4%), Finance (11.7%), and Marketing (10.4%). Tweet this!
- Companies in #Tech are seeking the largest percentage of MBAs with Marketing experience (25.7%). Tweet this!
- Companies in #Energy are seeking the largest percentage of MBAs with Sales experience (10.8%). Tweet this!
- Companies in #Consulting are seeking the largest percentage of MBAs with Military experience (57.2%). Tweet this!
- The top 3 industry experiences employers are searching for: Consulting (17.0%), Finance (11.9%), and Healthcare (7.6%). Tweet this!
- Top 5 work authorization searches by employers: EU, China, UK, Brazil, Mexico. Tweet this!
- Top 5 language ability searches by employers: Spanish, Mandarin, Japanese, Portuguese, French. Tweet this!
- Top 3 student club affiliations employers are searching for: Women in Business, African-American Business, Hispanic Business. Tweet this!
- Top 3 undergraduate majors employers are searching for: Electrical, Computer, and Mechanical Engineering. Tweet this!
- 61.6% of employers are seeking an MBA with 3-10 years of previous work experience. Tweet this!
- Over 10% of employer searches included a "willingness to relocate" criteria. Tweet this!
- 7.2% of MBA-required job postings were for openings in Asia. 4.1% in Europe. 2.9% in Africa. Tweet this!
- 26.1% of the jobs in Latin America & The Caribbean were posted by Finance companies. Tweet this!
- The top 5 MBA-required job posting locations in the US: San Francisco, NYC, Chicago, LA, Boston. Tweet this!
- The top 5 MBA-required job posting functions: Finance (17%), Marketing (13%), Management (11%), Biz Dev (8%), Consulting (7%). Tweet this!
Request a copy of this report to find more interesting tweetable facts today!
To enable comments sign up for a Disqus account and enter your Disqus shortname in the Articulate node settings.