A.T. Kearney is a leading global management consulting firm with offices in more than 40 countries. Since 1926, we have been trusted advisors to the world’s foremost organizations. A.T. Kearney is a partner-owned firm, committed to helping clients achieve success.
What You Can Expect
- We work in a collegial way. As a summer associate, you will receive full and ready access to our firm’s best talent to help you quickly achieve your full potential.
- We value collaboration. You will work alongside team members who will help you grow as you help our clients solve their most important issues.
- We promise immediate impact and growing advantage. That promise holds true for both you and our clients. You will be able to make an impact and develop your potential from day one within a professional environment and culture that actively fosters the following:
Personal development. At A.T. Kearney, we encourage you to be yourself, and we give you the freedom to contribute creatively while you also pursue your passions. The rich, diverse backgrounds of our consultants have a direct impact on what our teams accomplish every day—a dynamic that has defined our culture for nearly 90 years. Together, we work on stimulating projects that produce powerful, transformative results for clients, both now and in the long term.
Entrepreneurial approach. No two client engagements are alike, and we are committed to providing you with a challenging and rewarding summer experience. Typical responsibilities include engaging with clients through in-depth interviews, recommending and implementing actions that you create with colleagues, and writing proposals. We will nurture your entrepreneurial spirit with hands-on experience that will positively influence the rest of your career. Summer associates travel while on assignment to work side by side with our clients.
Supportive environment. Training and mentorship are crucial components of your introduction to the firm. Our summer program is typically 8-10 weeks and begins with an orientation to your local office, followed by training where you will learn tools and methodologies required for success in management consulting. You will work with a mentor, who will engage with your project manager and offer support and guidance throughout the program. Midterm reviews will provide you with tailored, practical feedback in line with your professional and personal development goals.
“The Summer Consultant Program allowed me to make an impact through my client work, get a real feel for the office’s culture, and, most importantly, build strong relationships with future colleagues at all levels of the firm. In all, the experience left me excited about the opportunity to join the firm full-time.”
-Kate Maheu, 2013 summer associate & current A.T. Kearney Manager
What We Seek
There is no standard model for A.T. Kearney summer associates. We are looking for talented problem-solvers who are ready to integrate as active members of a client team. The following qualifications are preferred:
- Enrollment in a competitive MBA program
- Proven record of academic excellence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and analytical capabilities
- Forward-thinking and collaborative approach to problem solving
- Self-directed with the ability to operate in ambiguity and to learn quickly
- Collaborative and excited to coach, mentor, and help others grow professionally
- Four to eight years of success in a rigorous environment, such as Global or Fortune 500 companies or consulting
Equal Employment Opportunity and Nondiscrimination
A.T. Kearney has long recognized the value that diversity brings to our business and the clients we serve. Our goal is to create a climate of opportunity, innovation, and success within A.T. Kearney that capitalizes on the professional and personal diversity of our workforce. For these reasons, we recruit, hire, train, promote, develop, and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, disability, or genetic information consistent with applicable laws. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for disabilities, or religious beliefs and practices.
To enable comments sign up for a Disqus account and enter your Disqus shortname in the Articulate node settings.