In case you missed it, GradLeaders has partnered with Cerkl, a company that uses behavioral analytics and machine learning to generate personalized content via email, web and mobile applications.
Through our partnership, we’re introducing automated email newsletters to the higher education sector. These tailored career center newsletters include matching jobs, upcoming events and workshops specific to students’ career preferences, populated directly from GradLeaders’ standard APIs, as well as additional news and best practices from other career development content sources that are a part of the GradLeaders Partner Network.
If you’re looking to learn more about getting the most out of Cerkl, look no further! We’ve outlined some best practices to maximize engagement.
- Import student data including first name, last name and email address and take advantage of segments to tailor communications by class year or major.
- Set up content categories so your students can receive the content they care about. Choose categories that are reflective of your school, programs, and career center.
- Use your branding since this is what your students recognize. Be sure to update your email cover photo, colors and logo.
- Showcase your job postings and events by including them at the top of every newsletter.
- Add content sources so content can feed automatically into your newsletter. You’ll want to include your career center blog, social media channels, and URLs from external resources your students might find helpful.
- Choose your default newsletter format, send date, and time. Your students will have the opportunity to select their own preferences, but if they never log in, you’ll be able to send them emails in your specified format.
- View reports and insights regularly so you can see how your content is resonating with students. If your engagement rates are low, you can adjust content sources, re-send the email inviting them to personalize their preferences, and market Cerkl more.
To enable comments sign up for a Disqus account and enter your Disqus shortname in the Articulate node settings.