Here are some tips and tricks for getting the most out of our Looker Ad-Hoc Reporting data visualization tools from Dave Hoy, our Business Intelligence Specialist.
Flexible Academic Year Reporting - Overview
- Default Academic Year begins in July. Some schools have already communicated their preference to start their Academic Year in a different month, and you should be set up that way. If you want to change from July, just let us know – it is a very quick configuration change.
- In the example shown below, the school is starting their AY in July (month=7)
- This example shows the modelling in the Company Events explore, but all explores have the same consistent approach (Interviews, Appointments, Workshops, jobs, etc.)
- You always have available to you, in the same Looker fields as always, the actual Event Date, and all of the Week/Month/Year values can be based off of the actual calendar year, just like always.
- You also have a second set of fields available, in this case called “Company Event – AY Date”. (Academic Year is consistently shortened to AY)
- The Academic Year is always labeled based on the date it begins. So this academic year beginning July 1, 2018 will be AY 2018 in the Looker reports.
- In the sample below, you can see that an event on 9-14-2018 is evaluated as follows:
- AY Week = 11
- AY Month = 3
- AY Quarter = Q1
- AY Year = 2018
To enable comments sign up for a Disqus account and enter your Disqus shortname in the Articulate node settings.